Pepo Farms Raw Australian Pumpkin Seeds - 250gm
Often called and confused with the easily obtained ‘pepita’ from China, which is actually just the unprotected kernel of a regular pumpkin seed, the naked variety is whole and should only be called pumpkin seeds.
As well as having a wonderful ‘healthy green’ nutty flavour, these dark green pumpkin seeds are well known for their high oil content. Also known as a Superfood, pumpkin seeds are packed full of nutrients. One handful will give you:
- a protein boost – they supply a well balanced form of all the essential amino acids which are very nourishing, energising and easily digestable.
- iron and phosphorus: promote healthy blood development and efficient nerve and mental activity.
- magnesium – necessary for muscle relaxation
- zinc – known for its many functions in the body including the healing and maintenance of tissues, enhancing the immune system.
- antioxidant vitamins A & E – protects cells from free radical damage and aids the body to grow, maintain and heal.
- B group vitamins – needed to process protein, carbohydrates and fats.
- essential fatty acids contained in the oil which make up to 45 – 50% of the total seed, supply and transport vitamins to the body, reduce cholesterol and support the reproductive and urinary tract.
- No cholesterol
They can easily be added to: • salads • pizza • stirfries • bread • cakes • biscuits • your morning cereal • garnishing any dish • fruit salad