- 1 Tbsp Illalangi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 900g Jap pumpkin, peeled cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 700g Illalangi Pasta Sauce
- 500g Alexandrina ricotta
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 375g packet fresh lasagne
- 120g baby spinach, finely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups grated Alexandrina cheddar
- Rocket leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 190C. Grease a 26cm x 20cm x 6cm baking dish.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 5mins or until soft and lightly golden. Add the garlic and cook from 1min. Add pumpkin, lentils and stock. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta sauce and stir the remaining pasta sauce into the pumpkin mixture. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook, covered, for 20 mins or until the pumpkin is tender and the mixture is thick. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly, then refrigerate until cold.
3. Meanwhile, use a fork, to mash the ricotta in a bowl. Stir in nutmeg. Season.
4. Line the base of the prepared dish with a layer of lasagne sheets. Spread over half the pumpkin mixture, then top with another layer of lasagne sheets. Sprinkle with the ricotta mixture and use damp fingertips to spread evenly. Top with spinach, then cover with another layer of lasagne sheets.
5. Spread over the remaining pumpkin mixture, then top with the remaining lasagne sheets. Spread over the reserved pasta sauce to cover completely. Sprinkle with cheddar.
6. Bake for 45mins or until golden and cooked through. Serve with rocket.
NOTE: If you wish to freeze, freeze unbaked in the dish, wrapped tightly, for up to a month.