Orange Spiced Roasted Chicken
- 2 kg of Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1/3 cup of Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/3 cup of Honey
- 2 teaspoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Moroccan Spice
- 1 Navel Orange, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups of Pearl (Italian) Couscous
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- Extra water to cover couscous
- 1/2 cup of Riverland Currants
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, mint, and coriander
- 1 teaspoon of Moroccan Spice
- 1/2 cup of Red Capsicum, sliced and diced
- 1 cup of Beetroot, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup of Pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons of Vegetta Stock
- 3 slices Preserved Lemon, sliced thinly
Spiced Orange Roast Chicken Method
- Measure out orange juice, honey, Moroccan Spice, olive oil and ground coriander. Put it all in a large container and mix it together.
- Place the chicken thigh fillets in the container and cover with marinade. Leave the chicken to sit for an hour to marinate. The longer it is left for, the better. Can be left in the fridge to marinate overnight)
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and cover the bottom of an ovenproof tray with greaseproof baking paper.
- Place the chicken in the ovenproof tray and cover each piece with an orange slice. Roast it in the oven for 45 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Check regularly and baste with pan juices.
Pearl Couscous Method
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in skillet/flat bottomed frying pan over medium-high heat. Place pumpkin in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until just tender. Set aside, and repeat with capsicum, and finally beetroot. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet/flat bottomed frying pan over medium heat. Cook and stir couscous in the hot oil until golden, 4-5 minutes. Add 2 1/2 cups of water with 2 teaspoons of Vegetta Stock to couscous and bring to a boil; cover skillet and cook until couscous is tender, about 10-15 minutes (add extra water as required). Rinse couscous in a colander or sieve and transfer it to a bowl.
- Tip currants into a jug or bowl and pour boiling water into it; enough to cover. Leave for 4-5 minutes, or until they have swollen up.
- Mix pumpkin, currants, mint, coriander, parsley, capsicum, Moroccan spice, preserved lemons, and beetroot into couscous.
- Serve with Orange Spiced Roast Chicken and enjoy.
Printer Friendly Version HERE