Makes 14 bars
- 12 large medjool dates
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, lightly chopped
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup pistachios, lightly chopped
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
1. Add the dates to a food processor and blend until they form a sticky ball then add the Almond Butter and maple syrup and mix again. It should be really soft and sticky but if it doesn’t seem sticky enough then add 1-2 tbsp of water and blend again (depends which dates and PB you use).
2. Add the date mixture to a bowl with the nuts, oats and salt then mix thoroughly (use your hands to get it mixed well).
3.Press down into a loaf tin (greased and lined) then put in the fridge whilst you melt the chocolate
4. Top with melted dark chocolate and a sprinkling of nuts and then refrigerate for at least an hour before cutting
Credit to Helen's Vegan Kitchen