- Extra virgin olive oil
- 5 kg mushrooms chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1tin Carnation Light & Creamy Evaporated milk
- Caramelised Wattle seed Balsamic
- Murray river salt & mountain pepper berries
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped,
- Fresh thyme & oregano
- 2 Tblsp Corn flour (GF)
- Make 1.5 litres of vegetable stock and place in slow cooker.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry onion, mushrooms in batches. Drizzle each batch with some of our balsamic vinegar to caramelise each batch.
- Add garlic, and fresh herbs and then add all ingredients to vegetable stock.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Slow cook on high setting for at least 2-4 hours.
- Whisk together evaporated skim milk & cornflour until well combined.
- Add mixture to slow cooker and stir in well.
- Cook for 30 minutes, stir regularly
- Serve garnished with olive oil or polenta croutons (made from our Polenta & Veggie Slice)
Printer Friendly Version HERE