- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds (flaxseed meal)
- 2 Tbsp brown rice flour
- ½ Tsp Murray River Salt
- ⅓ Cup Sunflower Seeds
- ⅓ Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ¼ Cup Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a standard size baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the ground flax seeds, brown rice flour, and salt until well combined. Add the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, and chia seeds and toss to combine.
- Pour the boiling water over the seed mixture and stir until there are no dry spots. Cover with a kitchen towel and let sit for about 15 minutes until the seeds have absorbed the water and the mixture is dry and sticky.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and, using a rubber spatula, spread into as thin and even layer as possible. On a standard size baking sheet, it should go all the way to the edges. Be sure that the middle isn’t too thick, and the edges aren’t too thin, and try to avoid any gaps or holes.
- Bake your crackers for 35-45 minutes, or until they have become toasty in colour and are dry and hard to the touch. If it feels soft in the middle, let it bake for a couple more minutes (no more than 50).
- Let crackers cool completely on the baking sheet, then carefully break into desired sized pieces. Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1-2 weeks.
Printer Friendly Version HERE
Recipe & Image by Minimalist Baker