It has to be everyone’s favourite breakfast option, the eggs benedict. But if you’re wanting to treat yourself to the Sunday morning brunch vibes without leaving the house (and maybe saving you a dollar or two!) we’ve perfected the art of the poached egg for you.
- 1 x Gluten Free / Sourdough Bagel of choice
- 1 x Hash brown
- Handful of Spinach
- Half a local avocado (mashed with some salt and pepper)
- 1 egg (pre-cracked into a mug or cup)
- Gevity Rx Souped-Up Sriracha Mayo
- 1/2 tbsp South Australian Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil and reduce down to low. You don't want any bubbles breaking the surface or it will cause your egg to splay in the poaching process. add 1/2 tablespoon of the Apple Cider Vinegar to the water and stir.
2. Carefully create a vortex or whirlpool in the water with a spoon and pour your pre-cracked egg into the water. Cook for 3-4 minutes for a perfectly poached egg. When ready, remove with a slotted spoon and immerse in cold water for a few seconds to prevent the egg yolk from cooking further.
3. Heat a small amount of oil in a shallow fry pan and add your hash brown, cooking for three minutes both sides or until golden. For the last minute, add your spinach to the pan and wilt.
OR you can try our homemade hash brown recipe here.
4. Cut the bagel in half and toast. Spread on mashed avocado and top with the spinach, hash brown and poached egg.
5. Generously dollop sriracha mayo on top and enjoy!
Credit to Gevity and Ally of @the.sunnystudio