Preparation: 40 minutes
- 500g white button or brown mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Illalangi Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Illalangi Olive Oil
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Wooden skewers, pre-soaked in water
- 2 cups brown rice & quinoa mix, pre-cooked
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced in half with seeds removed
- 1 handful salad greens
- 2 handful snow pea shoots
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red cabbage sauerkraut, or store-bought kimchi
- 1-2 carrots in different colours, shaved
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- Olive Oil, for cooking
1. Combine the minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and thyme into a mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Slice the mushrooms in half or into 3 slices if they are large. Add them to marinade and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Heat up the BBQ to medium heat.
3. Toss the sliced zucchini and bullhorn pepper with some olive oil. Place on the grill side of the BBQ. Once char marks appear and the vegetables start to soften turn and grill the other side for a few minutes. Remove and set aside. Once cooled down roughly slice up the bull horn pepper.
4. Thread the marinated mushrooms onto wooden skewers and place them onto the flat BBQ plate. Once the mushrooms start to caramelise and lightly char gently turn them over and cook the other side for a few minutes. Remove and set aside.
5. To arrange the salad bowls start with adding the rice and quinoa mix to the base, followed by the salad greens, snow pea shoots, grilled zucchini and sliced peppers. Add the remainder of the salad ingredients. Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts over the top, as well as the parsley and serve.
Credits to Australian Mushrooms