- 500g beef mince
- 500g Alexandrina Ricotta
- 1 500mL jar of Illalangi Pasta Sauce
- 100g of baby spinach
- 400g of diced pumpkin
- 1 large eggplant diced
- 1 cup grated Alexandrina Romano cheese
- Illalangi extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Murray River Salt and Mountain Pepper for seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add mince and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 mins or until mince changes colour and is cooked through. Add eggplant and pumpkin and cook, stirring, for 5 mins. Add pasta sauce and 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-7 mins or until thickened slightly. Add fresh herbs.
2. Spread one-third of the meat mixture over the base of a 6-cup (1.5L) ovenproof dish. Top with wonton wrappers. Repeat layering twice.
3. Combine ricotta and baby spinach, spread over top layer evenly. top with grated cheese.
4. Bake, covering with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning, for 45-50 mins or until golden and cooked through. Stand for 5 mins before serving.
Perfect for lunch or dinner. Can be made ahead and frozen.