Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 3 medium eggplants, slice in half lengthwise
- 3 tbs Illalangi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian blend seasoning (divided)
- Murray River Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 7 oz mozzarella, small cubes
- 1/4 cup almond flour (or breadcrumbs)
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the 2 tbs olive oil, garlic, Italian herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Brush the mixture all over the flesh side of the eggplant halves. Bake or air fry until fork tender around 17 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cut two vertical slits into the flesh.
1. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella cubes, almond flour (or breadcrumbs), 1 tbs olive oil, 1/2 tsp Italian blend seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Once the eggplants are cooked, top them with this mixture evenly. Sprinkle each with grated parmesan cheese and place back in the oven until melted.
Credit to Stella from HungryHappens