- 2 cups of Blue Lake instant oats
- 2 cups of milk (we made our own almond milk with Almondco's almond paste)
- 1 cup of yogurt or 1 cup more of milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of Absolute Organic Maple Syrup or either Half Barrel Honey or Amberhill Honey, your preferred sweetener
- 4 teaspoons of Loving Earth Chia Seeds, optional
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Pinch of Murray River Salt
- Toppings of choice: fruit, almond butter, nuts, seeds, etc.
1. Add oats, milk, yogurt, sweetener, chia seeds, vanilla and salt into a jar or storage container with a lid. Stir ingredients together. Place in the fridge overnight. If you're in a rush you can shorten the soak time to 2-4 hours.
2. The next morning (or when ready to eat), remove lid and give oats a big stir. If they seem too thick you can add a little more milk to loosen the mixture. Top with your favourite toppings and enjoy. You can eat oats straight from the jar or pour into a bowl for serving.
3. Overnight Oats should last up to 5 days in the fridge in a sealed airtight container.
Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats:
Stir 4 Tablespoons of chocolate Chips into the prior mixture when prepping and then sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips to serve.
Almond Butter Overnight Oats:
Stir 2 tablespoons of almond butter into the overnight oat mixture when prepping and then drizzle oats with the remaining butter to serve.
Berry Overnight Oats:
Stir 1/2 cup of berries into the mixture when prepping and then top oats with remaining berries to serve.
Credit to Brittany Mullins from eatingbirdfood.
image from @ashleyexplainseverything