- 1 Cup Illalangi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp ground all-spice
- 1 1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Tsp Bi-Carb Soda
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1/2 Cup chopped Walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 Cups Peeled, Cubed Pears
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and lightly dust a 22cm spring form cake tin with flour
- Combine olive oil, sugar and eggs in a bowl and whisk with an electric beater until thick and pale.
- Sift flour and spices into a large bowl. Pour in wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in walnuts and pear.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out a little moist but clean.
- Dust finished cake with icing sugar and slice. Can be served warm or cold.