- 2 From Nature Pastoral Company French trimmed Lamb Shanks
- 2-3 tablespoons Illalangi extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 jar of Illalangi pasta sauce
- 1 cup Pangkarra chickpeas
- ½ cup Riverland dried apricots, halved
- 2 cups of water
- 4 wedges of preserved lime
- Murray River Salt and Mountain pepper
- Chopped cilantro (for garnish)
1. Preheat slow cooker.
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on high heat. Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper. Sear lamb on all sides until brown crust develops. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add an additional tablespoon of oil if needed. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add garlic, ginger, and ground spices. Saute for 1 minute more.
5. Spoon the onion mixture into the slow cooker. To this, add the pasta, chickpeas, and apricots.
6. Arrange the lamb shanks on top of this mixture and then pour in the 2 cups of water (you may need a little more or less depending on the size of your lamb). Lightly stir the sauce mixture underneath the lamb to combine the flavours a bit, and spoon some of the onion mixture over the top of the lamb.
7. Place slow cooker lid on and cook for 3 to 3.5hrs, or until lamb is fork-tender.
8. Taste sauce (carefully) and season with additional salt to taste.
9. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Serve with couscous.