Total time = 55 minutes Serves= 6 people
- Tomato and basil rice:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 250 ml Illalangi pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped (if using sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drain them and use the oil in place of the olive oil at the start)
- 1/2 tbsp Illalangi Italian herb mix
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ red capsicum, chopped
- ½ yellow capsicum, chopped
- Handful of fresh rocket leaves
- 100 grams Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 block halloumi, cut into thin slices
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Prepare the Tomato and basil rice:
- Heat oil and Italian herb mix in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, then add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add your rice, chicken stock, pasta sauce, and sun-dried tomatoes and mix ingredients together.
- Bring mixture to the boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes, checking halfway and adding boiling water if necessary.
- Once rice is cooked through and has absorbed all liquid, stir through basil and season with salt and pepper if required.
- Fry red and yellow capsicum in olive oil for 5-7 minutes
- Add the capsicum and olives to the Tomato and Basil rice. Stir through and heat thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Brown the halloumi in a frypan, flipping once. Ensure both sides are browned.
- Stir torn rocket through the rice mixture and top with the haloumi slices to serve.