Total Time: 30 minutes
- 300 g dry spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons Illalangi extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons capers
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 jar of Illalangi pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 teaspoon dulse flakes, or ground seaweed/nori
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Fresh chopped parsley leaves, nutritional yeast flakes, olive oil – to serve
1. Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large sauté pan on medium. Add chilli flakes, garlic, capers and olives. Sauté
3. For a couple of minutes until fragrant and garlic is golden.
4. Add pasta sauce, oregano. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce turns darker and oil pools around the edges.
5. Add miso paste, dulse flakes and sugar. Mix well. Cook for another minute or two.
6. Remove from heat. Drain the spaghetti, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Add the cooked spaghetti to the sauce. If too thick, loosen with a ladle of the cooking liquid.
7. Sprinkle parsley and nutritional yeast flakes. Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
Credit to Cook Republic